Category : Recipes
Yield: 36 cookies
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
nonpareil sprinkles or sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, goat cheese, and melted butter in a large bowl and whisk until mixture forms a smooth paste (a few lumps are ok). Whisk in oil. Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Fold in flour mixture until incorporated and no dry ingredients remain.
- Pour sprinkles or sugar into a small bowl. Dough will be soft, but should still be workable. If not, refrigerate it for 15 to 20 minutes until it is. Use a small cookie scoop to portion out about 1 tablespoon of dough, then roll in sprinkles/sugar to coat. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are just set and slightly cracked. Cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Cooks Illustrated.